Calling itself ‘the home of cuisine Niçoise, this popular restaurant has a real feel of its mother restaurant in Nice. Formalities are at a minimum, with dishes being served as and when they are ready; and what they offer is good regional food rather than haut cuisine.
Starters such as ‘Pissaladière’; ‘Stuffed Mediterranean Vegetables’; ‘Salad of French Beans with Foie Gras’ and ‘Grilled Aubergine with Mozzarella, Prawns & Pesto’ set the style.
Perhaps ‘Gnocchi with Cherry Tomatoes, Garlic & Parmesan’; ‘Monkfish with Tomatoes, Olives & Chick Peas’; ‘Genoese Shellfish & Pasta Stew with Pernod’; Daurade au Citron’ (Sea Bream) and ‘Roast Baby Chicken Marinated in Lemon’ – plus items from the Grill - listed among the mains.
Traditional desserts might include ‘Vanilla Crème Brulée’; ‘Thin Crust Apple Tart with Vanilla Ice Cream’ and ‘Warm Chocolate Mousse with Pistachio Ice Cream’.
- Food Style: French
- Lunch: all week 12.00-15.00; mains about £18 to £50
- Dinner: all week 18.00-23.00; mains about £18 to £50
- Seats: 85, plus 16 outside
- Wine: an all French list has firm mark-ups, kicking off in the early £30’s
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Bond Street Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: 25th & 26th Dec.
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating