Perhaps combine a visit here with to your shopping. Yo Sushi was started by Simon Woodroffe in 1997, and has continued to grow into a good chain of sushi restaurants. They were the first to successfully introduce the conveyor belt system of displaying food to Britain the idea being you sit at the counter and choose your dish/dishes as the sushi and sashimi glide by.
The price you pay depends on your hunger, the conveyor belt dishes are colour coded, donating their price, but for a more elaborate meal hot dishes (such as excellent 'Miso Black Cod') are excellent, but can bump the price up.
Displayed dishes range from
- Food Style: Japanese
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-22.30, Sun 12.00-22.00
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 12.00-22.30, Sun 12.00-22.00
- Wine: a concise list, plus Japanese beers
- Children's portions: Yes
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Oxford Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Air conditioned