Find this good restaurant with rooms just 4 miles from Cardiff's city centre - although the village feels more secluded. The dining room is an modern extension of the old post office, and has a minimalist feel.
Chef/proprietor Simon Kealy offers a menu of seasonal, mainly locally sourced, dishes, an early summer example brought 'Warm Squid with Brown Shrimps'; 'Braised Usk Valley Ox Cheek with Summer Vegetables' and 'Grilled Asparagus with Poached Duck Egg' among the starters.
Steamed Mussels & Clams with White Wine & Garlic'; 'Roast Shoulder of St Fagans Pork with Rosemary & Garlic Potatoes' and 'Monkfish with a Prawn & Summer Vegetable Casserole' listed among the mains.
If you still have room, you might be tempted by 'Glazed Lemon Tart'; 'Dark Chocolate Tart with Strawberry Salad'; 'Vanilla Pannacotta with Lemon Curd Ice Cream' or their selection of Welsh Cheese with Oatcakes.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Tues-Sun 12.00-15.00; set L Mon-Sat £11.95 (2 courses), £15.95 (3 courses); mains £5.95 to £16.95; Set L Sun £15.95 (2 courses), £20.95 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 19.00-21.30; set Early-Bird D between 18.00-19.30 Tues-Fri £15.00 (2 courses & glass of wine), £20.00 (3 courses & glass of wine)
- Seats: 38, plus 30 outside
- Wine: a well-chosen list lists off at about £12
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Waun-gron Park or Fairwater Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: D Sun, all Mon, 25th to 27th Dec, 2 weeks Jan, 2 weeks Aug.
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating
- Rooms available