Find this good neighbourhood restaurant, in the Quayside Hotel, overlooking the harbour.
The kitchen team offers a menu of seasonal produce, with particular emphasis on the local catch.
Starters such as 'Dartmouth Smokehouse Gravadlax, with a Saladette of Quails Eggs'; 'Seared Fillet of Brixham Mackerel on a Mustard-Infused Potato Salad'; 'Terrine of Ham Hock & Smoked Chicken with Apple Salad & Homemade Piccalilli' and 'Vulscombe Goats' Cheese Parfait with Slow-Roast Pepper Relish & Ciabbata Crostini' set the style.
With perhaps 'Fillet of Wild Sea Bass wit Scallop Ravioli'; 'Duo of Lamb best end & slow-roasted chump of West Country lamb, with Dauphinoise potatoes, cumin roasted carrot purée & pink peppercorn jus' and 'Belly Pork Braised in Blossom Honey, with Sweet Potato Purée, Chili-Roasted Salsify & Lemongrass Jus' listed among the mains.
Desserts, such as 'Lavender Pannacotta with Strawberry Salad and Earl Grey & Lemon Sorbet'; 'Apple & Plum Tart Tatin with Five Spice Ice Cream' and 'Tiramisu' might be too hard to resist; while those with a more savoury tooth can try their selection of West Country artisan cheeses.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Dinner: all week 18.30-21.30; set L £15.95 (2 courses), £17.95 (3 courses); mains about £14 to £24
- Seats: 38
- Wine: a concise, but well-chosen, list has modest mark-ups, and is helpfully arranged by wine character type.
- Children's portions: When possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Paignton Rail (5 miles)
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes, but enquire
- Closed: L all week
- Rooms available