Find this good restaurant in an impressive manor-style house, built in 1860. Their Llygad Yr Haul Restaurant is housed in a smart garden room, with a slate floor, oak panelling and gothic windows overlooking Snowdonia.
The kitchen offers a seasonal menu and local produce is used whenever possible. A summer menu listed 'Seared Tuna with a Mixed Salad, Herbed Couscous & Tapenade'; 'Boudin of Confit Duck & Foie Gras with Onion Compote'; 'Roasted Quail with Fresh Pea Risotto & Morel Consommé' and 'Open Langoustine & Asparagus Ravioli with Spinach & Chive Sauce' among the starters.
'Loin of Local Venison with Braised Red Cabbage, Herb Gnocchi & Thyme Jus'; 'Fillet of Weolsh Black Beef with Truffle Purée, Wild Mushrooms, Baby Vegetables & Port Sauce'; 'Baked Cod with Puy Lentils with Chorizo Sausage & Vermouth Sauce' and 'Roulade of Roasted Vegetable with a Butternut Squash Fondant, Herb Gnocchi & Caramelised Onion Sauce' listed among the mains.
Desserts such as 'sticky Toffee Pudding with Caramel Sauce & Vanilla Ice Cream'; 'Dark Chocolate Delice with Pistachio Ice Cream & Orange Sauce'; and 'Glazed Plum Tart Tatin with Vanilla Ice Cream' set the style. While those with a more savoury tooth will be tempted by their selection of Celtic Farmhouse Cheeses.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.00; set L £15.95 (2 courses), £17.95 (3 courses); mains £19.95 to £24.50
- Dinner: all week 19.00-21.30; set D £40; mains £19.95 to £24.50
- Seats: 40, plus 14 outside
- Wine: an impressive list travels the world, kicking off at £16.95, and offers some prestigious bottles
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Fairbourne Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Outside eating
- Rooms available