A particularly-good restaurant, plus popular cellar-bar.
The kitchen specialises in local produce and seafood, and all reports are that the kitchen standards are high.
Expect the likes of 'Newport Bay Crab Spring Rolls with Tamarind Ketchup'; 'Soy-Cured Salmon with Spicy Crème Fraiche'; 'Carmarthen Bay Mussel & Saffron Soup' and Mango Salad, Caephilly Cheese & Elderflower Dressing' among the starters.
Perhaps 'Line-Caught Wild Sea Bass, Nuts & Spices'; 'Roast Bethesda Pork Belly with Salty Caramel & Baby Leeks'; 'Welsh Rib of Beef with Béarnaise Sauce' and 'Moroccan-Spiced Chickpea Cake with Aubergine Salsa' listed among the mains.
Desserts are equally seasonal, but a summer selection of 'Warm Valrhona Chocolate Cake & Pen Lon Ice Cream'; 'Summer Pudding with Lavender Ice Cream' and 'Crème Brulée with Fresh Raspberries' set the style.
No mobile phones. More reports please.
- Food Style: Modern Welsh
- Lunch: Tues-Sun 12.00-14.00; set L £15.50 (2 courses), £18.50 (3 courses); mains £17.50 to £23.50; Sun L £18.95
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 19.00-21.00; mains £17.50 to £23.50; set D £27.50 (2 courses), £33.00 (3 courses)
- Seats: 40, plus 50 outside
- Wine: a concise list kicks off at around the £15 mark
- Nearest station: Fishguard Harbour Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: D Sun, all Mon
- Outside eating
- Rooms available