A good neighbourhood restaurant offering local produce, given interesting modern twists by an adventurous kitchen.
The menu follows the seasons, but a summer snapshot brought 'Saddleback Pork & Apple Pie with Piccalilli'; 'Summer Pea & Mint Soup with Dill Crème Fraiche & White Truffle Oil'; 'Tealy Farm Bresaola, Bruschetta, Wild Rocket, Shaved Parmesan & Salsa Verde' and 'Abercastle Potted Crab with Smoked Paprika Mayonnaise & Marsh Samphire' among the mains.
'Confit of Pembrokeshire Lamb with Crushed New Potatoes & Broad Beans, Mint & Pine Nut Salsa'; 'Pan-Fried Sea Bass, Abercastle Crab & Lemongrass Broth and Watercress Purée'; 'Welsh Black Ribeye Steak with Beef Dripping Chips, Confit Tomatoes & Honey Mustard' and 'Caramelised Leek & Onion Tart with Harlech Cheddar, Tomato Salsa & Horseradish Crème Fraiche' listed among the mains.
Perhaps finish with 'White Chocolate & Raspberry Cheesecake with Raspberry Ripple Ice Cream'; 'Crème Brulée with Macaroons & Chocolate Orange Pots' or 'Gooseberry, Lemoncello and Brioche Pannacotta'.
Children have their own interesting menu.
- Food Style: Modern Welsh
- Dinner: all week 18.00-21.30; set D £24 (2 courses), £30 (3 courses); set Early D £20 (3 courses)
- Seats: 50
- Wine: a concise, well-chosen, list kicks off at around the £15 mark
- Children's portions: Yes, plus interesting table d'hote menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Haverfordwest Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: L all week, & Tues during darker months, Christmas, 2 weeks in Jan.