« back to restaurants search results
Angel Inn - SalemSalem, Salem, Carmarthenshire/Sir Gaerfyrddin, SA19 7LY
Find this popular foodie pub up a twisty lane, next to the village chapel.
Although real ale is on offer, food is the raison d’être for the visit of many. You can eat in the comfortable bar, or in their dedicated dining room.
The kitchen has built up a good network of local suppliers a winter menu snapshot brought ‘Swansea Bay Mussels with a White Wine & Cream Sauce’; ‘Welsh Tapas – Carmarthen Ham, Cockles, Mixed Olives, Welsh Cheese, Welsh Salami, Locally-Smoked Salmon & Grilled Courgettes’ and ‘Hazelnut-Crusted Baked Goats Cheese with Marinated Tomatoes & Beetroot Salad’ among the starters.
‘Beer-Battered Cod with Home-Made Chips’; ‘Freshly-Baked Pie of the Day’; 'Local Vegetable Crumble' and ‘Slowly-Roasted Shoulder of Lamb with a Red Wine & Rosemary Sauce’ listed among the mains.
If you still have room, you might be tempted by their in-house desserts – listed on a blackboard or their selection of Welsh Cheeses.
- Food Style: Best Pubs for Food
- Lunch: Tues-Sat 12.00-21.30, Sun 12.00-20.30 (reduced menu after 16.00); mains about £9 to £16 – plus lighter Bar dishes from £5; set L Sun £10.50 (1 course), £13.50 (2 courses), £16.50 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 12.00-21.30, Sun 12.00-20.30 (reduced menu after 16.00); mains about £9 to £16
- Seats: 60, plus 10 outside
- Wine: a well-chosen list has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Children's Menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Llandeilo Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: L Mon & Tues, D Sun, all Mon
- Outside eating
Reviews / Comments ( 5 out of 5 average rating)
Add your review
Fri 27th December 2013 by Donna Worrall
What did you like about the Restaurant?
Friendly,efficient staff. Good range on the menu, lots of choice including two or three vegetarian options.
What did you not like about the Restaurant?
Portions a little small if you have a big appetite. Would like to see more ale choice at the bar, possibly local?
Report this review