A smart and excellent restaurant belonging to the Alain Ducasse stable, that covers nine countries. Chef Jocelyn Herland is in charge of the stoves here, and traditional French Haut Cuisine is the name of the game.
Starters such as 'Simmered Duck Foie Gras with Mango & Dolce Forte Sauce'; 'John Dory Goujonettes with Coconut & Curry Sauce'; 'Scottish Langoustine Salad with Coral Jus' and 'Crispy Raw & Cooked Vegetable Tart with Fresh Herbs' set the style.
To be followed by the likes of 'Braised Halibut, with Swiss Chard and Aubergine'; 'Baked Sea Bass with Razor Clams & Parsley Shellfish Jus'; 'Seared Scottish Scallops with Ceps & Potato Gnocchi'; 'Duck Breast à L'Orange with Girolles & Turnips' and Fillet of Beef & Seared Foie Gras Rossini' among the mains.
Desserts are a masterpiece on a plate, descriptions such as 'Rum Baba'; 'Orange Cream Tart' and Lime Soufflé with Cream Cheese & Sichuan Pepper Sorbet' not doing them justice. Lovers of French cheeses are spoilt for choice.
Professional service is like a slick oiled machine. No mobile phones.
- Food Style: French
- Lunch: Tues-Fri 12.00-14.00; set L from £60 (2 courses – includes 2 glasses of wine) to £125
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 18.30-22.00; set D from £75 (75 (2 courses0, £95 (3 courses), Tasting Menu £135 (7 courses)
- Seats: 82
- Wine: an impressive list kicks off at around the £30 mark, and includes some prestigious French wines
- Children's portions: Children of over 10 years of age only
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Hyde Park Corner Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes, enquire
- Closed: L Sat, all Sun & Mon
- Air conditioned
- Rooms available