This former pub, houses a top-class cross between an all-day brasserie and haut cuisine French dining - which is offered during meal times.
Be sure to stick to their cheaper options - especially drinks , unless you want a surprise in your bill. But items such as Filled Baguettes with Fries are excellent cheaper options.
While lunch and dinner bring serious dishes, with perhaps 'Pan-Seared Scallops, Tiger Prawn Ravioli, Caramelised Endive & Apple Purée'; 'Steak Tartare, Fried Quails Eggs & Caper Berries'; 'Rillette of Rabbit, Pickled Vegetables & Truffle Mayonnaise' and 'Uig Lodge Smoked Salmon with Spiced Crab with Grapefruit & Pickled Ginger' among the starters.
Perhaps 'Baked Fillet of Cod with Crispy Cheek, Sprouting Broccoli, Capers & Spiced Pipérade'; 'Roast Breast of Red Label Duck, Salt & Pepper Gnocchi, Caramelised Banana Shallot & Duck Leg Fritter'; 'Schezuan & Honey-Glazed Gressingham duck, Confit Leg Pithivier, Savoy Cabbage & Bacon' and 'Braised Shin of Beef with Baby Onions, Smoked Bacon & Mushrooms & Horseradish Pomme Purée' listed among the mains.
If you still have room, their desserts such as 'Dark Chocolate Delice with Hazelnut Praline with Salt Caramel & Milk Ice Cream'; 'Lavender Cheesecake with Amaretti & Blackberry & Lemon Compote' and 'Warm Hazelnut Cake with Spiced Plums & Vanilla Whipped Cream' are too good to miss.
Service is both professional and friendly.
- Food Style: Modern French
- Lunch: all week 12.00-18.00; set L £20 (2 courses), £25 (3 courses); mains about £19 to £28; set L Mon-Sun £22 (2 courses), £27 (3 courses)
- Dinner: all week 10.30-23.00 (Sun 22.00); mains about £19 to £28
- Seats: 40, plus 12 outside
- Wine: An excellent list, kicks off in the mid £20;s and includes many prestigious bottles
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Lancaster Gate Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: 23rd Dec to 2nd Jan.
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating