This excellent restaurant, on three floors - each offering a different twist on French masterchef Monsieur Robuchon's vision - is part of a mini empire that spans 5 countries. Here chef Axel Manes presides.
On entering from the street, you are instantly introduced to the trademark red and black theme, and an open plan kitchen, where you sit at a bar (although there are a few traditional tables). The first floor 'La Table' dining room brings mono-chromed décor and only offers the expensive carte; the top floor a bar.
The ground floor offers excellent value dishes if you stick to the set menus, with perhaps 'Iberian Ham with Toasted Tomato Bread'; 'Foie Gras Ravioli in Warm Chicken Broth & Zesty Whipped Cream'; 'Crispy Langoustine Fritters with Basil Pestou' and 'Scottish Lobster Salad' among the starters.
'Roasted Chicken with White Asparagus & Morels'; 'Veal Sweetbread & Asparagus Fricassée with Foie Gras & Confit Baby Pots'; 'Roasted Turbot with Onions & Baby Artichokes'; 'Pan-Fried Scottish Scallops with Macaroni, Mushrooms & Light Emulsion' and 'Seasonal Vegetable Stew with Fresh Herbs' listed among the mains.
On the unusual list of desserts you'll find the likes of 'Araguani Chocolate with White Chocolate Ice Cream & Oreo Cookie Crumbs'; 'Orange & Gianduja Cream, Sesame Crust & Cassonade Biscuit' and 'Raspberry Jelly, Cinnamon Cream & Lemon Sorbet'.
Service is slick and professional - although you'll have to put up with the house speel before your order is taken.
- Food Style: Modern French
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.30; set L from £45 (3 courses), mains all £29; Menu Prestige £120 (7 courses)
- Dinner: all week 17.30-22.00 (Sun 22.00); Pre-Theatre D from £45 (3 courses), mains all £29; Menu Prestige £120 (7 courses)
- Seats: 43
- Wine: a good list travels the world, kicking off at a firm £34, but offering an impressive selection by the glass
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Covent Garden or Leicester Square Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes, enquire
- Closed: 25th & 26th Dec, 1st Jan, most Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned