Find this splendid dining room, designed by restaurant specialist David Collins, in the equally-impressive Langham Hotel opposite the BBC in Portland Place.
You can have a pre-prandial drink in the equally imposing Artisan Bar, while you peruse chef Andrew Turner's seasonally-changing menu.
A summer snapshot listed 'Chicken Liver & Foie Gras Parfait with Passion Fruit Purée'; 'Smoked Salmon Tartare with Summer Vegetables'; 'Milk-Fed Veal, Iberico Ham, Hazelnuts & Parmesan Biscuit' and 'Cornish Crab & Avocado with Parmesan Crumble' among the starters.
'Guernsey Sea Bass with Spring Onion & Potato Puree'; 'Cod Viennoise with Spinach & Mustard Sauce'; 'Slow-Cooked Chicken with Pearl Couscous, Confit Lemon & Baba Ganoush'; 'Pan-Fried Sea Bream with Bean Cassoulet, Gnocchi & Red Pepper Velouté' and 'Fillet of Welsh Lamb with Braised Shoulder & Confit Suet Pudding' listed among the mains.
If you still have room, you might be tempted by 'Toffee Cheesecake with Pineapple & Coconut Ice Cream'; 'Chocolate Tart with Marinated Raspberries' or 'Orange Parfait with Banana, Fromage Frais & Allspice Sorbet'.
Service is formal, but efficient & friendly.
- Lunch: Sun-Fri 12.30-14.30; set L £19.95 (2 courses), £26.50 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 17.30-22.30; Pre-theatre menu £21.50 (2 courses), £28.50 (3 courses); Tasting Menu £57.50 (5 courses), £72.50 (8 courses); mains ££18 to £30
- Seats: 86
- Wine: an excellent list travels the world, kicking off at a sturdy £28
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Oxford Circus Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Closed: L Sat, D Sun
- Air conditioned
- Rooms available