A smart restaurant, splendidly-designed by Kelly Hoppen, has had a 2012 re-launch and new chef Paul Welburn to preside over the kitchen.
Developments of the modern British style started here by Gary Rhodes, is the style, with starters such as 'Langoustines with Pork Belly, Apple Ravioli, Celeriac, Raisins & Pork Jus'; 'Roquefort wit Candied Walnuts, Celery, Grapes & Watercress'; 'Salmon with Beetroot, Kohlrabi, Treacle Bread & Iced Horseradish' and 'Foie Gras with Pineapple, Pain d'Epice, Monbazillac & Duck Ham' on a winter menu.
Mains, such as 'Lamb - Saddle & Shoulder, with Parsley Root, Baby Gem & Onion'; 'Beef - Sirloin & Short Rib, with Winter Veg & Bordelaise Jus' and 'Halibut with Cornish Crab, Fregola & Aromatic Stock' might follow.
Desserts aren't forgotten, with perhaps 'Yorkshire Rhubarb with Vanilla Custard, Basil, Oats & Rhubarb Sorbet' and 'Pear & Hazelnut Crumble with Cream Cheese Ice Cream, Camomile & Pear Purée' their to tempt those with a sweet tooth.
Their selection of British & French cheeses should satisfy cheese lovers.
Address: Cumberland Hotel, Great Cumberland Place, Marble Arch, London
Postcode: W1H 7DL
Tel No: 020-7616 5930
Web site: www.guoman.com/hotels/united_kingdom/london/the_cumberland/restaurants_and_bars/w1_restaurant.html (http://www.guoman.com/hotels/united_kingdom/london/the_cumberland/restaurants_and_bars/w1_restaurant.html)
Lunch: Weds-Sat 12.00-15.00; set L Weds- Sat
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Weds-Sat 12.00-15.00; set L Weds- Sat £23.95 (2 courses), £27.95 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 19.00-22.15; set D Tues-Sat £29.95 (2 courses), £39.95 (3 courses), £49.95 (5 courses)
- Seats: 42
- Wine: an impressive list kicks off in the mid £20's
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Marble Arch Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Closed: all Sun & Mon, L Tues, check Christmas openings
- Rooms available