This eaterie comprises a downstairs sushi bar and more serious dining destination up an escalator above. It's the brainchild off Alan Yau - the creator of the Wagamama chain (plus Hakkasan & Yauatcha).
The quality is high in both, but prices upstairs are firm, especially during the evening - and you can dine here either at Western-style tables, or shoe-less at sunken tatami seating.
French-style desserts compliment the otherwise Japanese theme.
- Food Style: Japanese
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-15.00; mains £8 to £27; set L £25 to £28
- Dinner: all week 18.00-23.00; set D £55, mains £8 to £25
- Seats: 90
- Wine: a list based in France, kicks off at £24, and mark-ups not for the faint hearted; plus sake
- Wheelchair access: Yes, if you can manage an escalator
- Nearest station: Green Park Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Closed: L Sun, 24th & 25th Dec.
- Air conditioned