Just the sort of place we like - an honest bistro, with no frills or pretensions - bare tables and candles during the evening.
Expect 'French Onion Soup'; 'Chicken Liver Salad, Croûtons & Raspberry Vinaigrette'; '6 Snails Bourguignon' and 'Bayonne Air-Dried Ham with Celeriac Rémoulade' among the staters.
Perhaps 'Pork Chop Charcuterie with Mashed Potatoes'; 'Grilled Breast of Corn-Fed Chicken with Braised Red Cabbage'; 'Duck Confit, Braised Savoy Cabbage & Jus Gras' and 'Organic Salmon with Creamed Leeks' listed among the mains.
Maybe finish with 'Apple Tarte Tatin with Marshfield Clotted Cream'; 'Absinthe Crème Brulée' or their selection of French Cheeses.
- Food Style: Bistro
- Lunch: Tues-Sun 12.00-14.30 (Sat & Sun 16.00); set L Tues-Sat £15.95 (2 courses), £19.50 (3 courses), set L Sun £15.95 (2 courses) to £19.50; mains about £10 to £19
- Dinner: Tues-Sun 18.00-22.30 (Sun 21.30); set D £17.95 (2 courses), £22.95 (3 courses); mains about £10 to £19
- Seats: 70, plus 14 outside
- Wine: an all French list, is based on prices from their wine retail business. Charges of £10 corkage is charged, prices - in general - start at about £16
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Chalk Farm Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Closed: all Mon, most Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating