Effectively a City branch of The Cinnamon Club (q.v.). So expect modern Indian dishes well-cooked and beautifully-presented in comfortable, if rather clinical surroundings.
Starters such as 'Grilled Minced Vegetables with Rose Rose Petals'; 'Seared Scallops, Kadhai Mushrooms'; 'Char-Grilled Nile Perch with Lime Leaf & Chili'; 'Kettyle Beef Salad with Chili & Crisp Basmati' and 'Clove-Smoked Salmon' set the style for starters.
With perhaps 'Aubergine Tasting Plate with Aubergine-Peanut Rice'; 'Tandoori King Prawns with Bengali Kedgeree'; 'Plaice with Sweet Tamarind & Curried Yoghurt' and 'Rajasthani-Spiced Roast Red Deer with Stir-Fried Mushrooms' listed among the mains.
Dessert are as much European as Indian with perhaps 'Almond & Pepper Pannacotta with Spiced Sherry Jelly & Tandoori Dates'; 'Buffalo Milk Kulfi in a Vermicelli Nest' and 'Valrhona Chocolate Fondant with Coffee Parfait & Hot Milk Chocolate & Cardamom Soup' there to tempt you. While those with a more savoury tooth should enjoy their selection of English Farmhouse Cheeses with Dried Fruit Naan, Biscuits & Quince Chutney.
- Food Style: Modern Indian
- Lunch: Mon-Fri Breakfast 7.00-10.30, Lunch12.00-15.30; set L £15 (2 courses), £18 (3 courses); mains about £14 to £32
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.00-22.30; mains about £14 to £32; set D £15 (2 courses), £18 (3 courses); Tasting Menu £57 (7 courses)
- Seats: 110, plus about 40 outside
- Wine: a well-chosen list travels the world, kicking off at around the £20 mark
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Liverpool Rail & Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: all Sun, Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating