Find this good restaurant, part of Sir Terence Conran’s ground-breaking empire, housed in the basement of a Victorian warehouse where you’ll also find a boutique hotel, food shop & The Albion bakery & upmarket café.
For The Boundary, think good Paris brasserie and you won’t be far wrong. Chef Harry Faddy’s menu wouldn’t be out of place in that city with the likes of ‘Charcuterie, Terrines, Patés & Rillettes’; ‘Six Escargots à la Bourguignonne’; ‘Cuisse de Grenouille, Persillées’ (frogs legs) and ‘wild Smoked Salmon’ listed among the starters.
Perhaps ‘Sea Bream with Pumpkin & Girolles’; ‘Vegetable Pot au Feu’; ‘Bavette Steak with Roquefort Crumble’; ‘Calf’s Liver & Bacon’; ‘Pot-au-Feu de Cochon’ and ‘Brill with Ceps & Salsify’ listed among the mains.
Each day brings a different Roast; Monday - Suckling Pig; Tuesday – Kid etc. While Game figures prominently in darker months.
- Food Style: French
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 18.00-22.30; mains about £16 to £35
- Seats: 100
- Wine: an enormous & impressive list of over 500 bins – so something for everyone – kicking off in the high £20’s
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Old Street Underground or Liverpool Street Rail or Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: D Sun
- Air conditioned
- Rooms available