Find this good café-style-restaurant, part of Sir Terence Conran's ground-breaking empire, housed in a Victorian warehouse where you'll also find a quality brasserie-style restaurant The Boundary, a boutique hotel, food shop & The Albion bakery & upmarket café.
For Albion, to be found on the ground floor, you have a budget restaurant, that styles itself as a café, but is too stylish and classy for the British understanding of this classification.
Breakfast stretches from 'Toast & Marmalade' and 'Pastries' through 'Porridge & Prunes' and 'Kippers' to 'Full English Breakfast'.
While their All Day Menu offers the likes of 'Soup'; 'Sandwiches'; 'Omelettes'; 'Welsh Rabbit'; 'Ploughmans'; 'Fish & Chips'; 'Steak & Chips' and 'Kedgeree' - you get the picture.
At main meal times, the menu expands to include ‘Fish Pie’; ‘Whole Grilled Plaice, Lemon & Capers’; ‘Chargrilled Chicken with Baby Gem, Boiled Egg & Berkswell Cheese’ and ‘Pork Belly with Sage & Onion Mash & Mead Sauce’.
There are also a few good simple desserts - depending on the season, maybe 'Apple & Blackberry Crumble'; 'Autumn Spiced Fruits' and 'Poached Victoria Plums'.
The fact is that you know if Conran's put his name to it, you may not get a bargain, but it's going to be good!
Service is both friendly and efficient.
- Food Style: Budget Restaurants - the best
- Lunch: all week 8.00 – midnight; Full English Breakfast £12.50; L 12.00-15.00 mains around £10 to £19
- Dinner: all week 8.00 – midnight; mains around £10 to £19
- Seats: 120
- Wine: a concise list kicks off in the low £20’s
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Old Street Underground or Liverpool Street Rail or Underground (both 10 minutes walk)
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: Check Christmas opening
- Outside eating
- Rooms available