Part of an expanding chain of good French brasserie-style restaurants. You'll find robust dishes, well cooked, in a style missing at this price range for too long.
Breakfast brings Pastries, Croque Monsieur, Eggs Benedict, Full English Breakfast and the like; then as lunchtime approaches, starters such as 'Rillettes of Duck & Pork with Toasted Sourdough, Shallots & Conichons'; 'Breadcrumbed Squid, Sautéed in Garlic, Lemon, Parsley & Butter with Tartare Sauce'; 'Moules Mariniere' and 'Steak Tartare' are available on their extensive menu.
For snacks, there's a section called 'Light Mains' offering the likes of 'Risotto'; 'Tuna Nicoise' and 'Salmon Fishcakes'.
While mains 'proper' list Duck Confit with Sautéed Savoy Cabbage & Bacon Lardons and Thyme & Veal Jus'; 'Fish Parmentier - Cod, Haddock, Prawn & Salmon in a White Wine & Leek Sauce with Mash & Gruyere Cheese'; 'Roast Seabass Fillet with Braised Fennel & Champage Beurre Blanc with Chives & Tomato Concassé' plus Free-Range Chicken from Les Landes and traditionally-aged Steaks in various ways.
Traditional desserts, such as 'Crème Brulée'; 'Tarte Fine aux Pommes'; 'Chocolate Fondant' and 'Crème Caramel' plus Roquefort & Réblochon cheeses complete the picture.
- Food Style: Brasserie
- Lunch: Mon- Fri 8.00-23.00, Sat 9.00-24.00, Sun 9.00-22.30; set L £11.70 (2 courses), £13.65 (3 courses); mains £10 to £18
- Dinner: Mon- Fri 8.00-23.00, Sat 9.00-24.00, Sun 9.00-22.30; early set D £11.70 (2 courses), £13.65 (3 courses); mains £10 to £18
- Wine: a concise all French list kicks off at around the £15 mark
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Covent Garden Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Closed: 25th Dec.
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating