Find this excellent restaurant within the impressive-looking Petersham Hotel, perched on Richmond Hill and overlooking the river.
Chef Alex Bentley uses this stage to offer a seasonally-changing menu using carefully-sourced produce and cooks them with skill. There's something for everyone from the brave to more timid diner.
A summer snapshot brought 'Potted Shrimps with Lobster Butter, Pickled Cucumber & Sour Dough Toast'; 'Fine Tart of Red Mullet with Squid & Chorizo with Aubergine, Feta, Olives & Tomato Dressing'; 'Ballotine of Foie Gras with Pistachio & Green Peppercorns with Golden Raisin & Muscat Jelly' and 'Petersham Mixed Leaf Salad' among the starters.
'Grilled Sea Bass with Piquillo Peppers, Lemon Couscous, Mussel Kiev, Sweet Fennel, Saffron & Seaweed Bouillon'; 'Roasted Duck Magret 7-Spice; with Baked Potato with Ceps, Beetroot Purée & Date Sauce'; 'Grilled Fillet Steak with Béarnaise Sauce' and 'Tomato Tart Tatin with Rocket & Buffalo Mozzarella Salad and Balsamic Caramel' listed among the mains.
Perhaps finish with 'Crème Brulée'; 'Apple Frangipane Tart' or 'Vanilla Rice Pudding with Raspberries & Tuile'.
No mobile phones in the dining room.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.15; set L £22.95 (2 courses), £26.95 (3 courses); set L Sun £34.50
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 19.00-21.45 (Sun. light supper only); mains about £17 to £34
- Seats: 90, plus about 10 outside
- Wine: a well-chosen list travels the world, kicking off in the mid £20's
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Richmond Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: 24th-27th Dec.
- Air conditioned
- Rooms available