What's on offer here is good, carefully-sourced, food at bargain prices.
The menu is laid out in a-canteen-like-style - with items such as 'Soup, Bread and Butter' being listed with no frills. But don't be misled, produce is carefully sourced and the brief descriptions allow dishes to easily surpass expectations.
Perhaps indulge in a 'Salad of Cashel Blue with Pear Chutney, Chicory and Hazelnuts'; or a 'Hot, Buttered Arbroath Smokie'.
If seeking something more substantial perhaps a 'Rib-eye Steak with Caramelised Shallots and Horseradish Butter'.
Finish will the likes of 'Apple Crumble and Custard' or well-kept British cheeses.
Unfortunately, more than one of our contributors has reported inefficient and sometimes unfriendly service. Hopefully, this will be sorted out, and good food won't be let down by other factors.
A take away service operates.
- Food Style: Budget Restaurants - the best
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 8.00-22.00, Sat 9.00-22.00, Sun 10.00-19.00; mains about £11 to £19 – plus Bar Snacks
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 8.00-22.00, Sat 9.00-22.00, Sun 10.00-19.00; mains about £11 to £19
- Wine: a concise list, kicks off at around the £18 mark, and is backed up by a good selection of beers
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Baker Street or Marble Arch Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned