Find this restaurant/deli, in the basement of this good department store. Describing itself as a Caffè, it's part of a chain started by Antonio, but now owned and run by others. Their selection of Italian deli items is part of the attraction.
On the eating-in front, breakfast ranges from Pastries through 'Muesli with Yoghurt' to 'Eggs Bendict'; 'Scrambled Eggs with Grilled Pancetta' and the like. While the menu expands for lunch and dinner with Calamari Fritti, various Antipasti and Bruschetta among the starters/light dishes - Pasta, Grills and Italian specialities (such as Osso Buco) listed among the mains.
There are various Panini options for those in a hurry, while you can just have a cup of coffee if you prefer.
Desserts such as Tiramisu and various Ices complete the picture.
Service is friendly, slick and organised.
- Food Style: Italian
- Lunch: Mon-Weds & Fri & Sat 10.00-18.30, Thurs 10.00-20.00, Sun 12.00-24.00; mains about £9 to £15
- Dinner: Mon-Weds & Fri & Sat 10.00-18.30, Thurs 10.00-20.00, Sun 12.00-24.00; mains about £9 to £15
- Wine: a concise, all Italian, list kicks off at around the £18 mark
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but restaurant in basement
- Nearest station: Bond Street Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Air conditioned