The flagship store/restaurant of this growing brand, and having a comfortable private dining room upstairs.
It describes itself as a Caffè, and part of a chain started by Antonio, but now owned and run by others. Their selection of Italian deli items, in the ground floor shop is part of the attraction.
On the eating-in front, breakfast ranges from Pastries through 'Muesli with Yoghurt' to 'Eggs Bendict'; 'Scrambled Eggs with Grilled Pancetta' and the like. While the menu expands for lunch and dinner with Calamari Fritti, various Antipasti and Bruschetta among the starters/light dishes - Pasta, Grills and Italian specialities (such as Osso Buco) listed among the mains.
There are various Panini options for those in a hurry, while you can just have a cup of coffee if you prefer.
Desserts such as Tiramisu and various Ices complete the picture.
Service is friendly, slick and organised.
- Food Style: Italian
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 8.00-23.30, Sat 9.00-23.30, Sun 9.00-22.30; mains about £9 to £15
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 8.00-23.30, Sat 9.00-23.30, Sun 9.00-22.30; mains about £9 to £15
- Wine: a concise, all Italian, list kicks off at around the £15 mark
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Please enquire - this depends on the extent of your disability
- Nearest station: Covent Garden Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned