Describing itself as a Caffè, this is part of a chain started by Antonio, but now owned and run by others. Their selection of Italian deli items is part of the attraction.
On the eating-in front, breakfast ranges from Pastries through 'Muesli with Yoghurt' to 'Eggs Bendict'; 'Scrambled Eggs with Grilled Pancetta' and the like. While the menu expands for lunch and dinner with Calamari Fritti, various Antipasti and Bruschetta among the starters/light dishes - Pasta, Grills and Italian specialities (such as Osso Buco) listed among the mains.
There are various Panini options for those in a hurry, while you can just have a cup of coffee if you prefer.
Desserts such as Tiramisu and various Ices complete the picture.
Service is friendly, slick and organised.
- Food Style: Italian
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 8.00-23.00, Sun 9.00-22.30; mains about £10 to £17; set L from £11.99 (2 courses), £13.99 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 8.00-23.00, Sun 9.00-22.30; mains about £10 to £17; set D from £14.99 (2 courses), £16.99 (3 courses)
- Wine: a concise, all Italian, list has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Exeter Central Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned