Find this good neighbourhood French restaurant on the Chelsea/Kensington borders. The cooking concentrates on brasserie-style dishes and these are generally well executed.
Starters such as 'Duck Liver Terrine with Fig Jam'; 'Feuilleté of Snails with Garlic Cream Sauce'; 'Seared Tuna with Oregano dressing' and 'Warm Goats' Cheese Salad' set the style for starters.
With perhaps 'Grilled Monkfish with Tomato & Vermouth Sauce'; 'Hachis Parmentier' (French Cottage Pie); 'Confit of Duck with Curly Endive Salad' and 'Beef Fillet with Peppercorn Sauce' listed among the extensive choice of mains.
Desserts are traditional, with 'Crème Brulée'; 'Tarte Tatin' and 'Chocolae Mousse' generally among the stalwarts.
They also offer private dining for up to 30 guests.
- Food Style: French
- Lunch: all week 12.00-15.00 (Sun 15.30); set L Mon-Fri £19.50 (2 courses & coffee); Sun L £23; mains £19 to £38
- Dinner: all week 18.30-22.30; mains £19 to £38
- Seats: 65, plus about 20 outside (plus private dining)
- Wine: a well-chosen, all French list kicks off at around the £20 mark
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: South Kensington Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Outside eating