A fairly unique restaurant, in London at least - chef Jerome Tauvron offering a menu that mixes modern French with Japanese cuisines, in a style of East meets West. Maki & Sashimi sitting comfortably with 'Charolais Fillet Steak Rossini, with Black Truffles & Sautéed Wild Mushrooms'.
Dishes such as 'Foie Gras Terrine with Pickled Berries'; 'Crispy Squid with Chili & Spring Onion'; 'Pan-Seared Scallops with Black Tobiko & Grilled Homemade Black Pudding' and 'Tuna Tartare with Sevruga Caviar' set the style for starters.
'Braised Iberian Pork Cheek with Portobello Mushroom & Spinach Risotto'; 'Confit Shoulder of Pyrenean Mountain Lamb with Grilled Aubergine & Onion Chutney' and 'Corn-Fed Chicken Breast, Stuffed with Crab & Mascarpone, Chive Mash & Girolles Sauce' typify the mains.
Perhaps finish with 'Death by Chocolate'; 'Mocha Tiramisu with Lychee Chocolate' or 'White Peach Soufflé'.
The set menus offer particularly good value, but there have been some reports of surly service.
- Food Style: Modern French
- Lunch: Mon-Sun (Sat Brunch only)12.00-15.00; set L £25 (3 courses), mains £17 to £50
- Dinner: all week 18.00-23.00 (Sun 22.00); set early D £23 (2 courses), £26 (3 courses); mains £17 to £50
- Seats: 65
- Wine: a well-chosen list kicks off at about £22
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Gloucester Road Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: 24th-26th Dec, 1st Jan
- Air conditioned