A good foodie pub, worth seeking out if you're visiting an event at Olympia's Exhibition Halls. Don't expect comfortable frills, just well-cooked food and friendly staff in pleasant surroundings.
They don't take bookings, so it's best to arrive as early as possible.
Starters/Light Meals range from 'Spiced Red Lentil Soup with Yoghurt & Coriander' through 'Chicken Liver Parfait with Chutney, Cornichons & Toast' to 'Thai Marinated Squid Salad'
Mains such as 'Spiced Turkish Aubergine with Couscous, Goats Cheese, Tomato, Almonds & Mint'; 'Smoked Haddock with Leek & Pea Risotto, Soft Egg & Truffle Oil' and 'Char-Grilled Bavette Steak with Chips, Salad and Green Peppercorn, Tarragon & Shallot Butter' set their style.
Puds might include 'Sticky Ginger Pudding with Toffee Suce & Vanilla Ice Cream' and 'Chocolate Fondant with Crème Fraiche'.
- Food Style: Best Pubs for Food
- Lunch: all week 12.30-14.30 (Sun 15.00); mains about £12 to £17
- Dinner: all week 19.00-22.00 (Sun 21.30); mains about £12 to £17
- Seats: 80, plus 30 outside
- Wine: a concise, but carefully-chosen, list kicks off at around the £18 mark - they also sell Adnams excellent beers
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Kensington Olympia Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: 25th & 26th Dec.
- Outside eating