Find this good neighbourhood Italian restaurant close to Olympia - so it becomes particularly busy during exhibitions.
The kitchen combines familiar standards with more unusual dishes; and the style is more serious restaurant than trattoria.
A summer menu brought 'Parma Ham with Figs'; 'Carpaccio of Tuna in a Herb Crust with Balsamic & Crispy Vegetables'; 'Grilled Calamari with Rocket with Cherry Tomatoes, Olive Oil & Lemon' and 'Courgette Flowers filled with Ricotta, Asparagus & Tomato Coulis' among the starters.
'Linguine with Fresh Clams, Chili, Olive Oil, Garlic & Parsley'; 'Risotto with Butternut Squash, Smoked Scamorza Cheese & Saffron'; 'Saltimbocca with Veal Escalopes, Parma Ham & Sage' and 'Char-Grilled Fillet of Wild Sea Bass with Fresh Artichoke, Salsify & Raw Tomato' listed among the mains.
Desserts such as 'Warm Chocolate Tart with Vanilla Ice Cream'; 'Crème Brulée with Morello Cherries'; 'Hazelnut Semifreddo with Chocolate Sauce' and 'Tiramisu' might be there to tempt you.
- Food Style: Italian
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-14.30; mains £11 to £25; set L £14.90 (2 courses), £18.90 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 19.00-23.00; mains £11 to £25; set D offered between £19.00 & 20.00 £14.90 (2 courses), £18.90 (3 courses)
- Seats: 58, plus 2 outside
- Wine: a good Italian list, covers most of the regions - kicking off at about £18
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: High Street Kensington Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Closed: Sun, 25th & 26th Dec, Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating