Run along the lines of a Viennese café, where you can indulge in excellent cakes & coffee at anytime of the day - plus proper lunch & dinner.
For main meals, starters such as 'Fried Calamari & Courgettes with Tartare Sauce'; 'Salmon, Monkfish & Goats Cheese Terrine'; 'Cauliflower & Bergkäse Soufflé' and 'Foie Gras with Fig Marmalade' set the style.
While ''Wiener Schnitzel with Mash & Lambs Lettuce'; 'Duck Breast with Pears & Honey'; 'Sea Bass with Vegetable Millefeuilles & Beurre Blanc' and 'Beef Gulasch with Spinatknoedel (Spinach Dumplings)' might follow among the mains.
Desserts will include an eponymous strudel, perhaps 'Hot Cherry'; plus the likes of 'Hot Chocolate Fondant with Peppered Pears & Vanilla Ice Cream' and 'Almond & Apricot Tart' - while those with a more savoury tooth short enjoy their selection of Austrian & British cheeses.
- Food Style: Austrian
- Lunch: Tues-Sun 12.00-15.00 (café all day); mains £12.50 to £17.00
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 18.30-21.30; mains £12.50 to £17.00
- Seats: 42, plus 10 outside
- Wine: a mainly Austrian list kicks off at about £10
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Richmond Rail & Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Closed: D Sun, all Mon, 25th & 26th Dec.
- Outside eating