An excellent restaurant operated by Jamie Oliver's charity foundation, and enthusiastically-run by youngsters in training.
They open for breakfast, and this brings everything from Pastries to full Fry-Ups (including a veggie version).
At lunch at dinner, the menu is presented in an Italian style with Antipasti, Primi, Secondi, Dolci & Formaggi as the banner labels.
Although the menu changes a little on a daily basis, this translates into the likes of 'Potato Gnocchi with Bocaddon Farm Rose Veal Ragu & Horseradish Gremolata'; 'Taglierini with Cornish Mussels, Braised Squid in Arrabiatta & Spicy Pangratatto' and 'Aged Carnoroli Risotto of Borlotti Beans, Pancetta, Rosemary & Wild Mushrooms' among the starters.
Perhaps 'Pan-Fried Cornish Red Mullet with Newlina Curly Kale & Salsa Verde'; 'Primrose Herd Rare-Breed Porchetta, Roast Root Vegetables & Salsa Dragoncello'; 'Grampound Duck Breast with Char-Grilled Polenta, Purple Sprouting Broccoli & Salsa Ghiotta' and 'Crispy Fillet of Brill with Cianfotta (Aubergine & Tomato Stew) & Rosemary Salmoriglio' listed among the mains.
Finish with 'Bread & Butter Pudding with Marmalade & Custard'; 'Tiramisu with Biscotti'; 'Amedei Chocolate Praline Torte, Poached Plums & Crème Fraiche' or their selection of British Artisan Cheeses.
- Food Style: Italian
- Lunch: all week Breakfast 8.30-10.00, Lunch 12.00-14.30 set L £32 (3 courses); mains about £21 to £29
- Dinner: all week 18.15-21.15; set D £60 (5 courses); mains about £21 to £29
- Seats: 120
- Wine: a well-chosen list, has an Italian core, kicks off in the early £20's
- Children's portions: Yes, plus Children's Menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Newquay Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page.
- Closed: check Christmas openings