An excellent gastro pub with rooms.
Expect a short, seasoning changing menu. An autumn snapshot listing 'Wild Boar Carpaccio with Pear & Truffle Oil'; 'Chicken Liver Paté, Red Onion Marmalade & Toast'; 'Mussels with White Wine, Garlic & Parsley Cream'; 'Fennel, Orange & Onion Salad with Feta Cheese & Mint' and 'Twice-Baked Cheese Soufflé' among the starters.
'Pumpkin & Butternut Squash Risotto & Mixed Leaf Salad'; 'Shorthorn Beef Burger, Chips & Salad'; 'Marinated Roast Chicken, Autumn Stir Fry & Spring Rolls'; 'Pan-Fried Coley with a Soft Herb Crust, Leeks & Potatoes'; 'Wild Trout with Baby Fennel, Almonds & Saffron Pots' and 'Pan-Fried Pheasant with Bacon, Savoy Cabbage & Cider Cream' listed among the mains.
If you still have room, you might find 'Apple & Pear Flapjack Crumble'; 'Hot Chocolate Fondant' or 'Sticky Toffee Pudding with Fudge Sauce' there to tempt you.
- Food Style: Best Pubs for Food
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.30; mains about £14 to £18; set L Mon-Sat £21 (2 courses). £26 (3 courses)
- Dinner: all week 18.00-21.00; mains about £14 to £18; set D Sun-Fri between 18.00-19.00; £21 (2 courses), £26 (3 courses)
- Seats: 100, plus 60 outside
- Wine: a well-chosen list, travels the world, kicking off at around the £15 mark
- Children's portions: Children's Menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Penrith North Lakes Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page.
- Parking: Yes
- Outside eating
- Rooms available