A popular neighbourhood restaurant offering well-cooked dishes often with a twist of Far-Eastern flavour.
Starters, such as 'Tempura Vegetables with Thai Basil Chili Sauce'; 'Salad of Smoked Fish & Cockles with Fresh Horseradish, Baby Leave Salad & Vinaigrette'; 'Parfait of Foie Gras with Toasted Brioche & Morello Cherry Compote' and 'Duck Tataki, Hoi Sin Ponzu & Duck Crackling' set the style of a summer menu.
Perhaps to be followed by 'Rack of Welsh Lamb with Puy Lentil Cassoulet, Savoy Cabbage & Crispy Black Pudding'; 'Fillet of Atlantic Line-Caught Cod with Oyster & Enoki Mushrooms, Samphire & Wild Herb Butter' and 'Aged Scottish Rib Eye with Green Beans, Shallots & Exotic Mushrooms & Teriyaki Jus' among the list of mains.
If you still have room, you might be tempted by 'Chocolate Bread & Butter Pudding and Rum & Raisin Ice Cream'; 'Espresso Brulée with Amaretti Biscuits' and 'Sticky Toffee Pudding with Vanilla Ice Cream'.
- Food Style: Fusion
- Lunch: Tues-Fri 12.00-15.00, Sun 12.00-14.30; mains £6 to £14; set L Sun £19.95
- Dinner: Tues-Fri 18.00-21.30, Sat 18.00-22.00; mains £13 to £20
- Wine: a concise list kicks off at £13.80
- Nearest station: Chelmsford Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Closed: L Sat, L Sun, all Mon