Find this good neighbourhood restaurant, in the original first-floor Victorian viewing gallery of this newly restored lido. The original structure has been modernised by adding floor to ceiling sliding glass doors - and the best tables are near these windows overlooking the pool.
The kitchen specialises in seasonal food, and lists dishes with a European & Middle-Eastern style - much coming from their wood burning oven.
An autumn snapshot brought 'Lentil, Tomato & Spinach Soup'; 'Iberico Morcilla with Piquillo Peppers & Toast'; 'Smoked Salmon, Beetroot, Horseradish & Crème Fraiche' and 'Mussels with Coriander, Chili & Saffron' among the mains.
'Plaice with Jerusalem Artichokes, Salsify, Chanterelles, Red Wine & Cinnamon Butter Sauce'; 'Wood-Roasted Porcini with Potatoes, Parmesan, Sage & Hazelnut Butter'; 'Wood-Roasted Lamb with Beetroot, Spinach, Capers & Tarragon' and 'Roast Partridge with Potatoes, Ceps & Pancetta' listed among the mains.
A short list of desserts might include 'Chocolate Tart with Spiced Hazelnuts & Coriander Seeds' and various top-quality Ices Creams - such as 'Rosewater' and 'Salted Butter Caramel'.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.45 mains about £17 to £30; set L £12 (1 course), £16 (2 courses), £20 (3 courses)
- Dinner: all week 18.30-22.00; mains about £17 to £30; set D Mon-Fri & Sun £12 (1 course), £16 (2 courses), £20 (3 courses)
- Seats: 90, plus 30 outside
- Wine: a concise list has fair mark-ups
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Clifton Down Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: 25th Dec, 1st Jan.
- Outside eating