Converted from a popular boozer, this good bistro still has a gastro-pub feel.
Chef Humphrey Fletcher bases his dishes on a French bistro style with weekend brunch, thrown in for good measure.
A summer menu listed 'Fowey River Rock Oysters'; 'Gazpacho'; 'Parma Ham with Celeriac Rémoulade' and 'Diver-Caught Scallops with Cauliflower Purée, Raisin & Caper Dressing' among the starters.
'Gilthead Bream with Braised Fennel & Spinach'; 'Belly of Pork with Roast Potatoes & Apple Sauce' and 'Beef Bourguignon with Pommes Purée' listed among the mains.
Desserts such as 'Chocolate Mousse'; 'Crème Caramel' and 'Apple & Blackberry Crumble' might round off your meal.
- Food Style: French
- Lunch: all week 12.00-15.00; set L £10 (2 courses), £12.50 (3 courses); mains £7 to £50
- Dinner: all week 17.00-22.00; set D before 19.00 £10 (2 courses), £12.50 (3 courses); mains £7 to £50
- Seats: 48
- Wine: an all French list kicks off at £15
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Cheltenham Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Closed: 25th & 26th Dec.