Find this 17th century inn, now a gastro-pub close to the Badminton Estate.
On the food front, the kitchen combines traditional pub favourites with more modern influences. So expect the likes of 'Home-Cured Gravadlax'; 'Stilton, Pear & Walnut Puff Pastry Tartlet'; 'Rabbit & Chicken Terrine with Toasted Brioche & Apple Chutney' and 'seared Scallops with Chorizo Coins & Paprika Oil' among the starters.
Perhaps 'Macaroni Cheese with Cherry Tomatoes & Baby Spinach'; 'Badminton venison Casserole, finished with Chocolate'; 'Braised Ham Hock with Mashed Potato & Parsley Sauce' and 'Spiced Salmon Fillet on Stir-Fried Vegetables & Rice' listed among the mains.
Those with a sweet tooth might be tempted by 'Banoffee Pie'; 'Fudge Brownie with Chocolate Ice Cream & Cream' or 'Creamy Brioche Butter Pudding'.
- Food Style: Best Pubs for Food
- Lunch: all week; mains £7.95 to £12.95
- Dinner: all week; mains £7.95 to £13.95
- Wine: a well-chosen list kicks off at £13.75
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Yate Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Yes
- Rooms available