A good neighbourhood vegetarian restaurant - on a split-level -where Simon Rimmer offers classy dishes packed with flavour.
Starters such as Thai-Spiced Potato Cake with Asian Coleslaw'; 'Cheshire Goats' Cheese with Beetroot and Watercress & Balsamic Dressing' and 'Potted Mushrooms with Toasted Brioche & Red Onion Marmalade' set the style.
Perhaps to be followed by 'Sweet Potato Gumbo with Cabbage & Okra in a Cajun-Spiced Sauce'; 'Spinach, Pistachio & Feta Filo Pie with Cinnamon Tomato Sauce & Honey'; 'Butternut Squash & Sage Risotto with Pecorino Shavings' and 'Gnocchi with Red Wine Ragu & Wild Mushrooms' listed among the mains.
Desserts such as 'Crème Brulée'; 'White Chocolate & Blueberry Mousse with Dark Chocolate Sauce' and 'Vanilla Cheesecake with Raspberry Sauce' maintain the high standard.
- Food Style: Vegetarian
- Lunch: Tues-Sun 12.00-14.00 (Sat & Sun 16.00); set L £13.95; mains about £11 to £13
- Dinner: all week 17.30-22.30; set D £17.50 (2 courses); mains about £11 to £13
- Seats: 84, plus 10 outside
- Wine: a concise, but carefully-chosen, list kicks off at around the £14 mark
- Nearest station: Burnage or Mauldeth Road Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: L Mon, 25th & 26th Dec, Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating