Find this good brasserie-style restaurant in the comfortable Abode Hotel.
The style has changed since the departure of Michael Caines’ influence – and the kitchen now offers an all-day brasserie-style menu.
This ranges from good Hot Sandwiches – such as ‘Hot Pastrami with Melted Gruyere & Sourkraut’ and ‘Club – chicken, bacon, free range egg, tomato & lettuce’ through Salads – such as ‘Caesar’ and Pasta Dishes to ‘Beer-Battered Pollack with Marrowfat Peas’ and items from the Grill.
Puds, such as ‘Sticky Toffee Pudding’ and ‘Crème Brulée’ complete the picture.
The hotel has a smart Champagne Bar, which makes an excellent meeting place.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: all week 12.00-22.00; mains about £12 to £21
- Dinner: all week 12.00-22.00; mains about £12 to £21
- Seats: 60
- Wine: a well-chosen list has fair mark-ups
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Manchester Piccadilly Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Air conditioned
- Rooms available