Find this good Indian restaurant in the Ibis Hotel, in the city centre. You'll find comfortable leather seats and atmospheric lighting - slightly let down by cramped table spacing - but far removed from the average neighbourhood Indian.
Although you'll find familiar favourites, such as Tikka's, Dhansak's and Korma's - the emphasis is on Punjabi specialities, much coming from the tandoor.
Desserts are taken seriously, with Jam Poly Poly, Profiteroles and Chocolate Pudding listed as well as the more usual Kulfi's. They have branches in Blackfrairs Street M3 and in Preston.
- Food Style: Indian
- Dinner: all week 17.00-23.30; mains about £10 to £25
- Seats: 75
- Wine: a concise, but well-chosen, list has modest mark ups
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Manchester Oxford Road or Piccadilly Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Closed: L all week; check Christmas openings
- Air conditioned
- Rooms available