As well as a good deli/coffee shop (q.v.) - Caracoli offers good light lunches, based around local ingredients.
A menu snapshot included 'Lamb Meatballs, Infused with Rosemary & Honey in a Tomato Sauce'; 'Grilled Mackerel Fillet with Rose Harissa'; 'Deep_fried Calamari with Red Pepper Aïoli'; Steamed Mussels with Chili & Lime Butter'; 'Red Onion Crostini with Whipped Stilton'; 'Soft Shell Crab Tempura with Houmous & Olive Tapenade' and 'Smoked Duck Breast with Toasted Brioche & Parsnip & Apple Rémoulade'.
Their Sunday brunch is particularly popular.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.30; mains from £5.25
- Dinner: Fri 18.00-21.00; selection of Tapas-style dishes
- Wine: a concise, but well-chosen, list kicks off at £12
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page.
- Outside eating