« back to restaurants search results
Mojacs10a Shooters Hill, Cowes, Isle of Wight, PO31 7BG
A popular neighbourhood restaurant, where chef/proprietor Mark Baldwin offers a menu with throwbacks to the 1970's but honest well cooked dishes.
Starters such as 'Peppered Chicken Livers in a Creamy Black Pepper Sauce'; 'Crayfish Cocktail with a Tomato Cocktail Sauce' and 'Warm Crispy Bacon & Chicken Salad with Fresh Parmesan, Topped with a Poached Egg' set the style.
Perhaps to be followed by 'Leg of English Lamb en Croûte with a Mushroom & Mint Filling and Rosemary Sauce'; 'Pan-Fried Fillet Steak Rossini, Topped with Paté and served with a Red Wine & Mushroom Sauce'; 'Fillet of Salmon Teriyaki on Homemade Chinese Five Spice Noodles with Leeks & Bean Sprouts' and 'Red Onion Tart with Goats' Cheese, Butternut Squash and Tomato & Olive Dressing' among the starters.
Desserts might include 'Soft-Baked Meringue with Fresh Raspberries, Cream & Raspberry Coulis'; 'Vanilla Pannacotta with Black Cherries' and 'Warm Chocolate brownies with Chocolate Sauce & Vanilla Ice Cream'.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 11.30-13.30; mains £12.95 to £19.95; set L Mon-Fri £15.95 (2 courses), £19.95 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Mon-Sat from 18.00; mains £12.95 to £19.95; set D Mon-Fri £15.95 (2 courses), £19.95 (3 courses)
- Wine: a concise, but well-chosen, list kicks off at £12.95
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page.