A good South Indian restaurant, specialising in dishes from the Kerala region.
If you're looking for familiar curry house fare, you'll be disappointed - although they offer an excellent selection of Biriyani's - but what they offer makes a refreshing change.
Starters such as 'Mysore Bonda' - (potato balls, flavoured with ginger & herbs, then deep-fried in chickpea batter); 'Mussel Molly' - (fresh mussels coated with masala-flavoured batter then deep-fried); and 'Chicken Puffs' -( puff pastry stuffed with spicy chicken masala) set the style.
To be followed by 'Meen Pollichadhu' - (steamed, herb-marinated, sea bass); 'Koonthal Olatiyadhu' - (sliced squid cooked with spices & coconut); various Chicken & Lamb curries; plus seafood varieties including Crab, King Prawn & Shrimp listed among the main courses.
Simple desserts are based on variations Kulfi.
- Food Style: Indian
- Lunch: Sat & Sun 12.00-14.30; £6.90 to £12.75
- Dinner: all week 18.00-22.45; £6.90 to £12.75
- Wine: a concise list has modest mark-ups
- Nearest station: Hemel Hempstead Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Closed: L Mon-Fri; check Christmas openings