Find this good brasserie style restaurant - with branches in Bishops Stortford & Hertford close to the Roman Abbey & Cathedral.
The interesting menu, and quality of of ingredients, lifts the business above the norm, with starters such as 'Potted Woburn Ham Rillettes'; 'Cornish Sardines on Toast'; 'Western Isles Grilled Squid' and 'Pear, Walnut & Stilton Salad' setting the style.
While main courses might include the likes of 'Caesar Salad'; 'Fishcakes with Baby Spinach & Beurre Blanc'; 'Bedfordshire Collar of Bacon with Leeks & Potato Cake'; 'Vegetable Stack Burger' and 'Wild Pacific Halibut with Ratatouille'.
Perhaps finish with 'Warm Chocolate & Walnut Brownie with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream'; 'Sticky Toffee Pudding with Toffee Sauce' a seasonal Crumble or farmhouse British Cheeses.
- Food Style: Brasserie
- Lunch: Mon-Thurs 12.00-22.00, Fri & Sat 12.00-22.30, Sun 12.00-21.00; set L £11 (2 courses) to £14; mains £7.80 to £18.50
- Dinner: Mon-Thurs 12.00-22.00, Fri & Sat 12.00-22.30, Sun 12.00-21.00; set D before 19.00, £11 (2 courses) to £14; mains £7.80 to £18.50
- Seats: 105
- Wine: a concise, well-chosen, list kicks off at £13.90
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: St Albans Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Closed: 25th & 26th Dec
- Air conditioned