Find this good Indian restaurant opposite the Police Station, and the restaurant is worth a serious detour if you enjoy your curry.
Although the menu is largely composed of familiar North Indian 'standards' - such as balti's, bhuna's, dhansak's and korma's - and plenty from the tandoor - the cooking standard is high, with a lightness and greaselessness rarely encountered.
Prices are modest and helpings very generous (so beware of over-ordering) and the service friendly and helpful; but booking - especially near the weekend is essential.
- Food Style: Indian
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.00; mains £6 - £11
- Dinner: all week 17.30-23.00; mains £6 - £11
- Seats: 120
- Wine: a concise, but well chosen, list has modest mark ups
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but one step
- Nearest station: Lewes Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the age
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned