Find this good restaurant in a former wine merchant. It operates as an informal café/brasserie during the morning brasserie/tea room during the afternoon.
This means tempting breakfasts of Pastries, Sour-Dough Pancakes & Cooked Breakfasts.
While during main meals dishes are displayed on boards with starters such as 'Twice Baked Stilton & Goats Cheese Soufflé'; 'Roast Dungeness Mackerel with Potato & Grain Mustard Salad' and 'Fried Garlic & Chili Prawns with Roasted Garlic Aioli'.
Perhaps 'Eastern Spiced Bean & Vegetable Casserole'; 'Citrus Duck Breast with Port Glaze'; 'Roast Skate with Mango & Fennel Salsa' and 'Fillet of Gilthead Bream with Shellfish Essence Beurre Blanc' listed among the mains.
Those with a sweet-tooth might be tempted by 'Sticky Toffee Pudding'; 'Baked Blueberry Cheesecake' or 'Pannacotta with Roasted Rhubarb'.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Tues-Sat 8.30-22.30; mains £10 to £16
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 8.30-22.30; mains £10 to £16
- Seats: 26, plus 26 outside
- Wine: a well-chosen list travels the world, kicking off at £14
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Dover Priory Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Closed: Sun & Mon
- Outside eating