Find this good restaurant, in the comfortable White Cliff Hotel, in the middle of the village.
The kitchen is headed by Gaven Oakley, whose family also own nearby Wallett's Court Hotel, and the philosophy is to source their ingredients from free-range & local suppliers some of them also organic.
As would be expected if this is to followed, the menu follows the seasons, but a winter snapshot brought 'Rock Oysters with Chorizo, Lemon & Shallot with Raspberry Vinaigrette'; 'Pan-Fried Wood Pigeon Breast with Clonakilty White Pudding in a Manzanilla Reduction' and 'Ham Hock Terrine with Hot Piccalilly & Soda Bread' among the mains.
'Grilled Sea Bream with a Herb Sea Salt Crust, Pinenuts, Roswmary & Apple Sauce'; 'Slow-Braised Belly of Fruit-Fed Free-Range Pork with Caramelised Bramley Apples, Crackling and Sage & Onion Mash'; and 'Roast Pumpkin & Squash with Baby Onions, Talegio, Winter Greens & Salsa Verde' listed among the mains.
Perhaps finish with 'Rose Blancmange with Hot Berry Compote'; 'Pannatone Bread & Butter Pudding with Cinnamon Custard'; 'Montezuma's Double Chocolate Boozy Trifle with Kentish Cherry Ripple Ice Cream' or their selection of Artisan Cheeses.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Tues-Sun 12.00-14.00; Express L Mon-Sat £10; mains £7.50 to £10.00
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 19.00-21.00; 19.00-21.00; mains £14 to £20
- Wine: a concise, but well-chosen list kicks off at £15.00
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Dover Priory or Martin Mill
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: L Mon, D Sun
- Rooms available