A good Italian restaurant belonging to the Locatelli stable - so expect high standards.
The menu is based around 'standards' (Tuscany used as a base) so expect the likes of 'Roast Aubergine & Smoked Ricotta Salad'; 'Tuscan Chicken Liver Crostini'; 'Fried Courgettes' and 'Mixed Antipasto' amongst the starters.
Perhaps 'Char-Grilled Cornish Mackerel with a Pink Grapefruit & Rocket Salad'; 'Char-Grilled Poussin with Lemon Spinach'; 'Pan-Fried Veal Kidney with Polenta & Black Pepper Sauce' and 'Bollito Misto - ox tongue, shin of beef, chicken and fruit mustard & salsa verde' listed in the mains.
There's also of selection of good pasta dishes, for a less elaborate meal.
Finish with 'Pear & Almond Tart with Yoghurt Ice Cream'; 'Chocolate Tart with Orange Compote & Zabaione Ice Cream' or the every-present 'Tiramisu'.
Service is slick & professional.
- Food Style: Italian
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.30; mains about £19 to £26
- Dinner: 18.15-22.30; mains about £19 to £26
- Seats: 76, plus about 6 outside
- Wine: a well choen list kicks off at around the £18 mark
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Sloane Square Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: 24th Dec to early Jan.
- Outside eating