A good gastro pub with rooms, under the ownership of the team who ran Weezos in Clitheroe.
The menu has constants such as good burgers and suchlike but seasonal food is the raison d'être.
A winter snapshot brought 'Crispy Goonargh Duck & Orange Salad'; 'Paté of Hot Smoked Dunsop Bridge Trout with Beetroot & Winter Leaves' and 'Bury Black Pudding with Fried Hen's Egg & Onion Marmalade' among the starters.
'Beer-Battered Deep-Fried Haddock with Marrowfat Peas & Chips'; 'Slow-Braised Local-Estate-Shot Venison, with Pappardelle & Parmesan'; 'Parkers Lamb Hot Pot with Pickled Red Cabbage' and '28 Day-Matured Bowland Beef Rib Eye with Watercress, Chips and Horseradish or Peppercorn Sauce' listed among the mains.
Those with a sweet tooth, might be tempted by 'Sticky Toffee Pudding'; 'Hot Melted Chocolate Pudding with Vanilla Ice Cream' or 'Spiced Pear & Apple Pudding with Custard' while the afternoon brings Tea & Cakes, while a Deli/Bakery is in the offing.
- Food Style: Best Pubs for Food
- Lunch: Tues-Fri 11.30-15.00; Sat & Sun 11.00-22.30; mains £9.50 to £16.00
- Dinner: Tues-Fri 17.00-22.30, Sat & Sun 11.00-22.30; mains £9.50 to £16.00
- Wine: a well-chosen list has modest mark-ups
- Nearest station: Clitheroe Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Yes