While still very much a village 'local' serving real ales, this 17th century inn with old beams, horse brasses & winter log fires, also serves good food.
This ranges from filled Baked Potatoes and Ploughman's through 'Ham, Egg & Chips' to more ambitious traditional dishes such as 'Steak & Kidney Pudding'; 'Salmon with Lime & Chives' and good quality steaks.
Children have their own menu.
- Food Style: Best Pubs for Food
- Lunch: Tues-Sun 12.00-14.30; mains from £9
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 18.30-21.30; mains from £9
- Wine: a concise list has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: all Mon, D Sun