Find this good café/restaurant at the bottom of the High Street, close to the quay.
During the day, they offer Soups with Crusty Bread, Filled Baguettes, Freshly-Cut Sandwiches, Freshly-Baked & Filled Jacket Potatoes plus Salad Platters.
Their evening menu is more ambitious, being based on seasonal local produce, with seafood well to the fore.
An autumn snapshot, listed 'Smoked Haddock & Cockle Chowder'; 'Local Game Terrine with Caramelised Apple, Onion & Caraway Seed Relish' and 'Baby Spinach, Roast Pine Nut & Black Olive Salad with Parmesan Shavings & Caesar Dressing' among the starters.
'Roast Butternut Squash, Gorgonzola & Pumpkin Seeds with Red Onion & Apple Jam'; 'Fillet of Halibut with Fennel Purée & Shrimp Bisque' and 'Roast Rack of Lamb with Herb Crust, Wilted Spinach & Caramelised Garlic Jus' listed among the mains.
Traditional puddings, such as Treacle Tart, are listed on a blackboard.
- Food Style: Budget Restaurants - the best
- Lunch: Fri -Sun 10.30-17.00 (longer hours during the summer
- Dinner: Fri & Sat (plus Sun on Bank Holiday weekends) from 18.30; mains £12 to £19
- Wine: a concise, but well-chosen, list kicks off at £14.50
- Nearest station: Sheringham Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page