While still a proper local, where you can meet friends for a pint of beer or a game of darts or bar billiards the reason many visit this pub is for their good and refreshingly original food.
On arrival, the system is to find a table, then order your food at the bar, which arrives in due course. One trouble with this system is the difficulty lone diners experience in a busy pub but the system seems to work well.
You can just have a sandwich, or perhaps their 'A Day Breakfast'; while a selection of 'Iffits' offers light tapas-style dishes to combine or share with friends. These might include 'Potted Cheese'; 'North Sea Fish Cake'; 'Smoked Sprats'; 'Rare-Breed Crispy Pigs Ears with Tartare Sauce' and 'Cauliflower Fritters'.
More substantial dishes kick off with their signature 'Three Pigs' Slow Cooked Belly, Smoky Baked Beans, Apple Chutney, Black Pudding & Crackling'; while a winter menu also brought 'Deep-fried Haddock in Beer Batter, Fat Chips, Mushy Peas & Tartare Sauce'; 'Mutton & Onion Norfolk Hot Pot with Braised Red Cabbage' and 'Binham Blue, Spinach & Walnut Bread & Butter Pudding' while specials and fish dishes are listed on a blackboard.
If you still have room, or just fancy something sweet, 'Flourless Chocolate Cake with Clotted Cream'; 'Sticky Toffee Pudding' and Norfolk Biffin with Vanilla Ice Cream and Ginger Crumbs' might be there to tempt you.
- Food Style: Best Pubs for Food
- Lunch: Tues-Sat 11.00-14.30; Sun & most Bank Holidays12.00-15.00 'Iffits' £5 (2), £9 (4); mains £10 to £23
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 18.00-21.00; 'Iffits' £5 (2), £9 (4); mains £10 to £23
- Seats: 80, plus 40 outside
- Wine: a well-chosen list kicks off at £15
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Sheringham Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: all Mon, D Sun, check Christmas openings
- Outside eating